i am one day late for the 8th manicure of Halloween Challenge..i am feeling very lazy these days maybe because of weather or smthng else i dont know.
So today's theme is Blood/Gore/Splatter and i did:
i created this manicure using spun sugar technique which i first saw at Chalkboard Nails. This technique is very easy. Here are the steps:
1. Prepare your base: i applied a base coat and then 2 coats of Barry M peach melba. you want your base can apply the top coat here(read below why). I applied 1 coat of poshe quick dry top coat.
2. for creating thin/thick strings put few drops of your desired polish on a rough paper and let it dri for few mins making the formula thicker(you can blow on the surface to speed up the process).
3. Using a toothpick or dotting tool check if there are lil strings forming in the polish or not like this:
4. now dip the tool in the polish and lift it over your nail and go in a circular motion around your finger without touching your nail(this will put the string on ur nail). Again dip the tool n the polish and repeat the process till you achieve your desired look.
5. This is the complete look. Now as I said i did try to apply a top coat here but that makes my spun sugar polish bleed hence messing the art. Anyway without top coat it gves a nice 3D look to the nail.
Hope i am understandable here. Please do comment if you have any queries about the technique.